Jason et al.,

I've noticed some strange behavior launching MacPyMOL. I'm running v 1.5.0.4 on
OSX 10.8.1, but I don't think the version or OS is at fault.  I discovered this
problem when opening a session (.pse) file in a folder whose name is
"pMM12(His6-EcLpoA(28-678)" (without quotes).  Note the unmatched parenthesis
before the "His".

If I launch MacPyMOL by double-clicking the session file in that folder,
MacPyMOL launches but detects a syntax error in the file pathname and doesn't
open the file.  If I again double-click the same session file again, a new
MacPyMOL window opens and the session file is successfully opened!  If I change
the name of the enclosing folder to remove the unmatched parenthesis, the
problem goes away.  I know this is a consequence of the layered architecture,
but I thought you should know about it.

Regards,
Mark
Mark A. Saper, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan
Ann Arbor MI  48109-1055 U.S.A.
sa...@umich.edu     phone (734) 764-3353     fax (734) 764-3323