Hi Spencer,

unfortunately, to our knowledge, no formal documentation for the "super" align
method exists. It's a "sequence-independant" (means: residue name independent)
sequence alignment method based on 3D coordinates of CA atoms.

The RMSD minimizing superposition with outlier rejection is identical to the
"align" command.

--
Thomas Holder
PyMOL Principal Developer