It seems possible that an incorrect context is being returned by pyopencl
in Linux. I found the following post indicating that there is a bug causing
incorrect device contexts to be returned in Windows. Unfortunately, the
solution highlighted doesn't work in Linux.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38294154/pyopencl-gl-sharing-context-creation-failed-overflow-error

--
Aaron Myles Landwehr