On 3/22/2019 11:34 AM, Victor Stinner wrote:

Julien Palard and me (Victor) propose to promote Stéphane Wirtel as
core developer.

+1
Thank you for the nice review of his work, so I know him better.

He got 57 commits merged into the master branch of Python: authored 46
commits + co-authored 1 commit + 10 commits before Git ("Patch written
by Stéphane Wirtel").

I think we should start looking at someone at about 20 PRs merged.
By allowing contributors to potentially prepare a merge-ready PR, the current workflow makes it easier than the previous one did to see how ready a person is. (For those not familiar with the old process, single news files meant that the committer had to prepare the final patch at the last minute, and modify many backports.)