I am hereby happy to tell you that by removing the call to enumerate()
in the publisher code, the whole test suite passes on Python 2.2
without any further patch or hack. I've checked in the modification
which this time should not pose any problem since it's pretty basic
and non intrusive.

Regards,
Nicolas