Justin Erenkrantz wrote ..
> On 8/16/06, Graham Dumpleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I would actually love to test this, but I can't build trunk on Mac
> OS X.
> >
> > Huh!
> >
> > Do you have more than one version of Python installed?
>
> Nope.  I just have Python from /usr/bin/python.  Nothing special.

Strange.

> > I do all my work on Mac OS X and have no problem. I only have the standard
> > OSE supplied version of Python installed though.
>
> Not sure what you mean by OSE - do you mean OS?  Anyway, I just rely
> on what comes with the OS.

I meant OS. My slip up was because I actually do make available a product
called OSE and so have a predilection for typing that. Same sort of thing
when I have to use cvs at one of my jobs, I always keep typing 'svn'. :-)

> mod_python.so doesn't link as the LINKFORSHARED values don't expand
> properly.  It's not even the right value to be bringing in from
> Python's Makefile!
>
> > Because of other stuff, have been ignoring the table object issues, but
> maybe
> > I should start paying more attention. :-)
>
> I'm more than happy to fix up autoconf to stop doing the insanity with
> sed and determine those values within Python directly.  I'll try to do
> so this weekend: time permitting.  (Greg and I and the other SVN devs
> solved this problem already within Subversion.)

Would what you have in mind address the following in any way:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-20

Or is that a separate unrelated problem?

Graham