Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 8/17/06, Graham Dumpleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Also, dist/setup.py in mod_python source contains:
>> But I think this was a workaround for older version of Mac OS X.
>>
>> What is the actual error you are getting when building?
>
> Um, how are you building?
>
> Per README, I'm running:
>
> $ ./configure --with-apxs=/path/to/apxs --prefix=/path/to/install
> $ make

Except it doesn't say that in the README. There is no mention of
--prefix, and there is no use made of it anyway. Not that this is
relevant to your build problems - I guess I'm just in a pedantic mood.

> and it just goes haywire.

The wonderful thing about the autoconf stuff is it either works
beautifully or it doesn't. ;)

We had a discussion about a year ago regarding dropping autoconf and
moving completely to distutils, but for various reasons stayed with the
status quo. These Mac build issues seem to come up often enough it might
be worthwhile re-visiting this for mod_python 3.4. (And of course
autoconf is a complete non-starter on Windows, so there is big benefit
there as well).

Jim