> On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 10:03 AM, Victor Stinner <vstin...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> On the 3360 for loops of the stdlib (*), I only found 2 loops which
>> would benefit of assignment expressions.
>>
>> It's not easy to find loops which:
>> - build a list,
>> - are simple enough to be expressed as list comprehension,
>> - use a condition (if),
>> - use an expression different than just a variable name as the list
>> value (value appended to the list).
>
> Are you implying that the above conditions are essential for
> assignment expressions to be useful, or that this defines one
> particular way in which they can be of value?

Hum, maybe I wasn't specific enough. I'm looking for "for loops" and
list comprehensions in stdlib which *can be* written using assignment
expression, like:

   [var for ... in ... if (var := expr)].

I'm not discussing if such change is worth it or not. I just counted
how many for loops/list comprehensions *can* be modified to use
assingment expressions in the stdlib.

Maybe I missed some loops/comprehensions, and I would be happy to see
more examples ;-)

Victor