On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 12:51:37AM +0200, Victor Stinner wrote:

> I propose to start the discussion about "coding style" (where are
> assignment expressions appropriate or not?) with the "while True"
> case.

We don't even have an official implementation yet, and you already want
to start prescribing coding style? We probably have months before 3.8
alpha comes out.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but what's the rush? Give people a chance
to play with the syntax in the REPL before making Thou Shalt and Thou
Shalt Not rules for coding style and making wholesale changes to the std
lib.

This topic has been argued and argued and argued on two mailing lists
for over four months. Let's take a couple of weeks to catch our breath,
wait for the implementation to actually hit the 3.8 repo, before trying
to prescribe coding style or thinking about which parts of the std lib
should be refactored to use it and which shouldn't.

There is no need to rush into making changes. Let them happen naturally.

--
Steve