Tim Peters wrote:
> No more than it had been jarred ;-)  Well, a bit more:  it was
> possible to pass a first argument to select() that was larger than
> FD_SETSIZE.  In effect, FD_SETSIZE had no meaning.

This begs the question then whether the check that is implemented has
any relevance to any platform other than Linux. I am no portability
guru, but I have to think there are other platforms where this patch
will cause problems. For now at least, can we at least do some
preprocessing magic to not use this code with Windows?

--
Scott Dial
[EMAIL PROTECTED]