On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 at 17:17, Christian Tismer <tis...@stackless.com> wrote:

> Yes, that's what I mean.
> Probably retval or whatever people prefer would be adequate,
> with a special rule if that name is taken.
>
> I think btw. that using StructSequence(somename=sometype, ..., ) that
> does a dict lookup is quite appealing. It returns a class like
> stat_result, but the function call shows its arguments (see answer to
> Ronald).
>
> Ciao -- Chris

Just a little comment: there is a (vague) plan to add a feature (key types)
to the type system that will allow user-defined constructs similar to
NamedTuple (for example StructSequence you mention).
However, taking into account current schedule it is unlikely it will be
added before mid-2020, so your best bet is indeed using ad-hoc named tuples.

--
Ivan