On 12.08.19 10:52, Ivan Levkivskyi wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 at 17:17, Christian Tismer <tis...@stackless.com
> <mailto:tis...@stackless.com>> wrote:
>
>     Yes, that's what I mean.
>     Probably retval or whatever people prefer would be adequate,
>     with a special rule if that name is taken.
>
>     I think btw. that using StructSequence(somename=sometype, ..., ) that
>     does a dict lookup is quite appealing. It returns a class like
>     stat_result, but the function call shows its arguments (see answer to
>     Ronald).
>
>     Ciao -- Chris
>

> Just a little comment: there is a (vague) plan to add a feature (key
> types) to the type system that will allow user-defined constructs
> similar to NamedTuple (for example StructSequence you mention).
> However, taking into account current schedule it is unlikely it will be
> added before mid-2020, so your best bet is indeed using ad-hoc named tuples.

Interesting! Can I read something more about this? I'm curious ;-)

But I guess it will anyway take a little time until I can make that
transition. Maybe it's better to see what's coming up with typing,
mypy, typing_inspect and friends.
Well, I will probably start a prototype dev branch for that.

Cheers -- Chris
--
Christian Tismer             :^)   tis...@stackless.com
Software Consulting          :     http://www.stackless.com/