I'm a little frustrated by the tone in which the PEP dismisses the option
that is most supported in the discussion. It fine for Brandt to have a
different preference himself, but I think it ought to be presented more
neutrally.

On Fri, May 15, 2020, 10:20 AM Steven D'Aprano

> 1. +1 itertools.zip_strict function
> 2. +1 zip.strict(*args)
> 3. +1 zip(*args, mode='strict')  # mode='shortest' by default
> 4. +0 zip(*args, strict=True)

Mostly I agree with Steven on relative preference:

itertools.zip_strict() +1
zip.strict() +0.5
zip(mode='strict') +0
zip(strict=True) -0.5

Fwiw, I don't think it changes my order, but 'strict' is a better word than
'equal' in all those places. I'd subtract 0.1 from each of those votes if
they used "equal".