Le ven. 30 oct. 2020 à 14:28, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldousso...@mac.com> a écrit :
> Whoa, not so fast. I’m not volunteering work on Solaris support ;-).

Oh sorry, I misunderstood your message :-(

> That said, I’m willing to review Solaris PRs (time permitting) but cannot
> test if changes actually work.

"Cannot test" is the kind of problem that I'm trying to point to. I
don't see how Python core developers can consider maintaining a
platform if they don't have access to it.

> P.S. Another platform to consider dropping is IRIX, I noticed in your PR that
> there’s still some support for that platform in the code base and according
> to wikipedia IRIX has been out of development for over 14 years
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRIX).

IRIX support has been dropped in Python 2.3 (in 2003). I removed more
references to IRIX yesterday ;-)
https://github.com/python/cpython/commit/5776663675b48f011d428a5874cc3c79d1deb59e

Victor