On 11/24/20 7:50 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
If enough people were interested we could create a "Distributors" category on discuss.python.org <http://discuss.python.org>.

I'd join :)

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 9:08 AM Tianon Gravi <admwig...@gmail.com <mailto:admwig...@gmail.com>> wrote:

     > I'd love to have an easy way to keep them in the loop.

    I'm one of the maintainers on
    https://github.com/docker-library/python
    <https://github.com/docker-library/python>
    (which is what results in https://hub.docker.com/_/python
    <https://hub.docker.com/_/python>), and I'd
    love to have an easy way to keep myself in the loop too! O:)

    Is there a lower-frequency mailing list where things like this are
    normally posted that I could follow?
    (I don't want to be a burden, although we'd certainly really love to
    have more upstream collaboration on that repo -- we do our best to
    represent upstream as correctly/accurately as possible, but we're not
    experts!)

     > would it make sense to add a packaging section to our
    documentation or
     > to write an informational PEP?

    FWIW, I love the idea of an explicit "packaging" section in the docs
    (or a PEP), but I've maintained that for other projects before and
    know it's not always easy or obvious. :)

    ♥,
    - Tianon
       4096R / B42F 6819 007F 00F8 8E36  4FD4 036A 9C25 BF35 7DD4

    PS. thanks doko for giving me a link to this thread! :D