On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 at 13:49, Stephen J. Turnbull
<turnbull.stephen...@u.tsukuba.ac.jp> wrote:

> Final note: once this is merged and publicly released, it will lose
> its status as reference implementation in the above, strong sense.

It *is* merged and publicly released - it's in the latest 3.10 alpha.
That's really the point I was trying to make with my comment (I'm
steering clear of the "scare quotes" discussion). The fact that the
implementation kept getting referred to as the "reference
implementation" confused me into thinking it hadn't been released yet,
and that simply isn't true. Calling it "the implementation" avoids
that confusion, IMO.

Paul