On 4/19/21 10:51 AM, Larry Hastings wrote:

Something analogous /could/ happen in the PEP 649 branch but currently doesn't.  When running Inada Noki's benchmark, there are a total of nine possible annotations code objects.  Except, each function generated by the benchmark has a unique name, and I incorporate that name into the name given to the code object (f"{function_name}.__co_annotations__"). Since each function name is different, each code object name is different, so each code object /hash/ is different, and since they aren't /exact/ duplicates they are never consolidated.

I hate anonymous functions, so the name is very important to me. The primary code base I work on does have hundreds of methods with the same signature -- unfortunately, many of the also have the same name (four levels of super() calls is not unusual, and all to the same read/write/create parent methods from read/write/create child methods). In such a case would the name make a meaningful difference?

Or maybe the name can be store when running in debug mode, and not stored with
-O ?

--
~Ethan~