Hi,

I wrote the PEP 509 as part of my abandonned "FAT Python" project
which was a ahead-of-time optimizer using runtime guards to deoptimize
code. I planed to abandon this PEP as well, but the dictionary version
was used by LOAD_GLOBAL opcode cache which made the version useful and
so the PEP was accepted in Python 3.6.

As soon as LOAD_GLOBAL and LOAD_ATTR optimizations are not lost, I'm
perfectly fine with removing the dictionary version. As it was said in
other messages, there is now a per-key version which can be used
instead, if I understand correctly.

Victor