Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> I think
> that many editors in common use don't support bidirectional text, or at
> least the ones I use don't seem to support it fully or correctly. ...
> But, if there is a concrete threat beyond "it looks weird", that it
> another issue.

Based on the original post (and how it looked in my web browser, after various
automated reformattings, it seems that one of the failure modes that buggy
editors have is that

stuff can be part of the code, even though it looks like part of a comment, or
vice versa

This problem might be limited to only some of the bidi controls, and there
might even be a workaround specific to # ... but it is an issue.  I do not
currently have an opinion on how important of an issue it is, or how adequate
the workarounds are.

-jJ