> email doesn't fix bugs; maintainers fix bugs. Please let us
> know *publicly* if you want to become the maintainer for a stdlib
> module and then we can support them, but if nobody is
> willing/able/ready to care for them it's irresponsible for us to keep
> shipping them to users.

At the moment, I don't have the time, experience, skill, nor involvement
with the Python project to volunteer to maintain urllib, but I would
like to take a more active role in its maintenance as a contributor such
that we continue to see it in the stdlib. This may be the second time
I've mentioned this on this thread, but please see PR#30520 on the
CPython repo (BPO-46337), which attempts to patch up a rough edge in
urlparse's scheme-based API. Feedback/review/etc on that would be
greatly appreciated, and so would some pointers on what next needs the
most work with regards to urllib as a whole. Thanks so much!

--
Lincoln Auster
they/them