On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 at 20:37, Steve Dower <steve.do...@python.org> wrote:

> email doesn't fix bugs; maintainers fix bugs. Please let us know
> *publicly* if you want to become the maintainer for a stdlib module and
> then we can support them, but if nobody is willing/able/ready to care
> for them it's irresponsible for us to keep shipping them to users.

I'd like to become a maintainer for the pathlib module, if possible. I know
the code and tests inside-out, and I've been wrestling the internals for
past few Python releases. I check the bugs/PRs at least every week and help
wherever I can.

I can also look after urllib if it would help. I have much less experience
with that module vs pathlib, so I'll need to spend some time familiarizing
myself with the code and the outstanding bug reports. But I do have plenty
of experience with networking, HTTP, URLs, etc :-). I'll spend some time
reading the bug tracker to start.