On 30Mar2022 1124, Barney Gale wrote:
I'd like to become a maintainer for the pathlib module, if possible. I know the code and tests inside-out, and I've been wrestling the internals for past few Python releases. I check the bugs/PRs at least every week and help wherever I can.

Antoine is still active, so if he's fine with that, I'm also supportive. You're certainly familiar enough with that module.

I can also look after urllib if it would help. I have much less experience with that module vs pathlib, so I'll need to spend some time familiarizing myself with the code and the outstanding bug reports. But I do have plenty of experience with networking, HTTP, URLs, etc :-). I'll spend some time reading the bug tracker to start.

Please! I skim the open issues occasionally, but definitely feel out of my depth to decide on issues (e.g. should urlparse("http://[::1]spam:80";) raise? - I have literally no idea :) ), but feel free to nosy me on issues you think you've figured out and I can help confirm your logic and do merges. Or if another core dev has been helping you, keep nosying them.

Cheers,
Steve