On 2008-05-12 04:34, Brett Cannon wrote:
For the sake of argument, let's consider the Queue module. It is now
named queue. For 2.6 I plan on having both Queue and queue listed in
the index, with Queue deprecated with instructions to use the new
name.

But what to do about all the references. Should we leave them pointing
at Queue to lessen confusion for people who read about some module on
some other site that isn't using the new name, or update everything in
2.6 to use the new name?

How hard would it be to add a redirects from the old pages to the
new ones ?

mod_rewrite does wonders - well, provided you find the right patterns...

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 16 2008)