On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 22:58, Mark Hammond <skippy.hamm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't setting a date premature while outstanding issues remain without a
> timetable for their resolution?

If we set a date, that would imply a timetable for their resolution.

> See http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/EOLTranslationPlan#TODO - of
> particular note:
>
> * There are transient errors in the tests which Martin is yet to identify.
>  These tests do not require windows to reproduce or fix.
>
> * The mercurial tests do not run on Windows.
>
> Given the above, most sane Windows developers would hold off on "live"
> testing of the extension until at least the first issue is resolved - but
> the second issue makes it very difficult for them to help resolve that.

The Mercurial tests can actually run on Windows -- and I've updated
the page to that effect. They require something called pysh, though.
I've also asked Patrick Mezard to include the eol extension in his
nightly test run on Windows. I guess since some of the test errors do
not require Windows to reproduce or fix, I'd invite anyone to jump in
and help fix these issues.

Cheers,

Dirkjan