Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl> writes:

Hi everybody!

I hope you have fun at PyCon :-)

> As for the current state of The Dreaded EOL Issue, there is an
> extension which seems to be provide all the needed features, but it
> appears there are some nasty corner cases still to be fixed. Martin
> Geisler has been working on it over the sprint, but I think there's
> more work to be done here. Anyone who wants to jump in would be quite
> welcome (maybe Martin will clarify here what exactly the remaining
> issues are).

I'm sorry about the delay in my response -- but things have now finally
moved forward after Benoit Boissinot (another Mercurial developer)
looked at things.

With the most recent fixes pushed to the eol repository[1], I can no
longer break the tests by running them repeatedly in a loop. In other
words, they finally appear to be stable.

I feel this would be a good opportunity for people to begin testing the
extension again. It seems that people has not done that so far, or at
least we haven't gotten any feedback in a long time.

It is now easier to test than before since changes to the .hgeol file is
picked up immediatedly without it being committed. This means that you
can enable eol (in .hg/hgrc, say) and play around *without* affecting
others who use the repository. When you change patterns in .hgeol,
you'll see the effects in the output of 'hg status' -- files that will
be updated on the next commit appear modified.

My dissertation is due this Friday(!), so I will not have much time to
look at EOL issues this week (as usual). But please give it a spin
anyway and let us hear what you think!

[1]: http://bitbucket.org/mg/hg-eol/

--
Martin Geisler