On Apr 14, 2010, at 10:56 AM, Michael Foord wrote:

>The problem is the process that creates a new release with a 404 link to
>the Mac installer with no explanation. The 2.6.5 release (as always)
>caused several requests to webmaster from Mac users unable to download
>Python - which is a further waste of volunteer time as well as a cause
>of frustration for users.

As the RM, that's my fault then.  When I start creating the page for a new
release I will leave the Windows and Mac links commented out.  I do (now
<wink>) wait for Martin to upload the Windows installers before announcing the
release, but generally don't wait for Ronald to produce the Mac images, so I
leave those commented out too.  When Ronald builds the Mac image and provides
it to me, I'll upload them and tweak the page.

-Barry