On 14/04/2010 06:13, Ned Deily wrote:
In article<hq3e52$8o...@dough.gmane.org>,
  Steve Holden<st...@holdenweb.com>  wrote:

Why is it unavoidable that the Mac build will languish behind others?
Are we supporting MacOs or aren't we? If we are, why isn't the creation
of the build a part of the release process?

Clearly it's not a priority given that nobody has seen fit to (or had
time to) reply to this mail in three weeks.
Wasn't that problem fixed weeks ago?  The installer image has been
available there since several days after the release.  And the link
seems fine now.

The problem is the process that creates a new release with a 404 link to the Mac installer with no explanation. The 2.6.5 release (as always) caused several requests to webmaster from Mac users unable to download Python - which is a further waste of volunteer time as well as a cause of frustration for users.

Building the Mac installer requires volunteer time which I'm not sure that more hardware will fix - compiling a full build of Python for Mac OS X (with all the Python modules like Tkinter etc) requires expertise which only a few people have.

A Mac OS X machine (and location to keep it) for the buildbots is a *big* need however.

All the best,

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/