On 6/27/2010 5:44 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:
Am 22.06.2010 01:01, schrieb Terry Reedy:
On 6/21/2010 3:59 PM, Steve Holden wrote:
Terry Reedy wrote:
On 6/21/2010 8:33 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

P.S. (We're going to have a tough decision to make somewhere along the
line where docs.python.org is concerned, too - when do we flick the
switch and make a 3.x version of the docs the default?

Easy. When 3.2 is released. When 2.7 is released, 3.2 becomes 'trunk'.
Trunk released always take over docs.python.org. To do otherwise would
be to say that 3.2 is not a real trunk release and not yet ready for
real use -- a major slam.

Actually, I thought this was already discussed and decided ;-).

This also gives the 2.7 release it's day in the sun before relegation to
maintenance status.

Every new version (except 3.0 and 3.1) has gone to maintenance status
*and* becomes the featured release on docs.python.org the day it was
released.  2.7 would just spend less time as the featured release on
that page.

I'm not sure 3.2 should take over in December just yet.  (There's also
docs3.python.org that always lands at the latest 3.x documentation).

However, there will be enough time to discuss this when 3.2 is actually
about to be released.

Sure. Since I expect that the argument for treating 3.2 as a regular production-use-ready release will be stronger then than now, I agree on differing discussion.

--
Terry Jan Reedy