On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solip...@pitrou.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:07:59 +0200
> Éric Araujo <mer...@netwok.org> wrote:
>> How about revamping the type/versions fields?
>>
>> Issue type
>> () Feature request (blocked by moratorium: () yes () no)
>> () Bug (found in: [] 2.7 [] 3.1 [] py3k)
>> () Security bug (found in: [] 2.5 [] 2.6 [] 2.7 [] 3.1 [] py3k)
>>
>> I’m getting tired of explaining the meaning of the versions field again
>> and again, let’s put this information directly under the eyes of the bug
>> reporter.
>
> But we also have "performance", "crash", "resource usage"... Are we
> suggesting we devise a separate list box for each of these issue types?

I must admit, I've never actually found much use for those additional
options. If I'm flagging a bug I'll nearly always mark it "behaviour",
otherwise I'll mark the issue "feature request". The characterisation
of "what *kind* of bug is it?" is something that can usually be left
until later in the process.

Cheers,
Nick.

--