On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 17:49:32 +0100
Éric Araujo <mer...@netwok.org> wrote:
> Le 26/02/2011 17:44, Antoine Pitrou a écrit :
> >> Can we just get rid of "trunk" altogether?  It's history is a strict
> >> subset of the 2.7 branch's history, isn't it?
> >
> > Named branches are exclusive, they can't be a subset of each other ;)
>
> Can we just use default for trunk and py3k?  For the time when both
> trunk and py3k were active, it would create two unnamed branches on the
> default branch, but one merge would solve that.

IMO, a dummy merge at the tip of the default branch may confuse users
looking at the history, especially if they try a graphical display of
the DAG (e.g. "hg glog" or the graph page in the Web UI).

Besides, it would precisely make it harder to distinguish between
trunk and py3k development at the time both took place in parallel.

Regards

Antoine.