On 3/14/11 5:30 PM, Lennart Regebro wrote:

Many projects, not only the Zope Toolkit needs to support a lot of
versions. The Zope component architecture currently supports 2.4, 2.5
and 2.6 and is expected to work on 2.7. I don't know if 2.4 or 2.5 can
be dropped, but it definitely will be *years* until we can drop
support for 2.6.  But if I move the PyCObject API to the PyCapsule
API, the zope packages will **only work on Python 2.7 and 3.2**. This
is obviously not an option. If I do *not* switch, I can't support
Python 3.2. That's bad.

For what it's worth, numpy simultaneously supports Python 2.5-2.7 and 3.1-3.2. It uses PyCObject or PyCapsule APIs as appropriate. We do this from the same codebase. We had to add another layer of indirection, but nothing too bad. You can steal our code here:

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/numpy/core/include/numpy/npy_3kcompat.h#L299

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."