Am 16.03.11 08:06, schrieb Nick Coghlan:
On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 3:20 AM, Stefan Behnel<stefan...@behnel.de>  wrote:
I still consider this is mostly a communication issue. If this change had
been properly written up, preferably in a PEP, including the reasoning for
it to get done, I think this whole discussion would not have been necessary.

Yes, I think we need to keep "topic of wider interest" in mind when
deciding whether or not to write up a PEP, even if the change isn't
particularly controversial amongst the core developers. We made a
similar mistake with the zipfile and directory execution changes.

PEP 5 actually requires that backwards-incompatible changes must be defined in a PEP. This wasn't done in this case; I agree it should have.

I guess it's not too late to write this PEP, even though that's after the fact.

Regards,
Martin