Le 28/07/2011 00:36, Guido van Rossum a écrit :
Sorry Victor, I somehow didn't see that message even though I received
it (I probably thought it was a continuation of the python-dev thread
which I've been ignoring).

No problem.

no, there's no particular hurry

That's why it's a deprecation process and the removal is schedule for later: "3.4 (or maybe later)". I added "or maybe later" before reopening a new thread on this list.

no, I don't think you should change codecs.open() to call io.open()

The PEP is useless without this change. If we don't deprecate any class and don't change codecs.open(), it's better to just reject the PEP.

start deprecating them formally once we feel that most users have switched

Users of codecs.open() or users of codecs.Stream* classes?

Victor