On 22/03/2012 1:22 AM, Lindberg, Van wrote:
Mark, MAL, Martin, Tarek,

Could you comment on this?

Eric is correct - tools will be broken by this change. However, people seem willing to push forward on this and accept such breakage as the necessary cost.

MAL, in his followup, asks what the advantages are of such a change. I've actually been asking for the same thing in this thread and the only real answer I've got is "consistency". So while I share MAL's concerns, people seem willing to push forward on this anyway, without the benefits having been explained.

IOW, this isn't the decision I would make, but I think I've already made that point a number of times in this thread. Beyond that, there doesn't seem much for me to add...

Mark