On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM, Guido van Rossum <gu...@python.org> wrote:

> AFACT, in that message Victor was only talking about allowing Unicode
> filenames.

> Finally, in most places Python 2.7 *does* handle Unicode filenames just
> fine.

I'm a bit confused. In this example:

http://bugs.python.org/issue18695

You are proposing that the issue should be considered a bug and a
well-written patch accepted?

Or is is just too late for 2.7 ?

Personally I think that having some, but not all file functions accept
unicode paths is pretty broken....and fixing these kinds of thing will ease
2 to 3 transition, so a good thing overall.

- Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov