On 06/15/2016 01:01 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

For 3.6+, we can instead make it so that the only things that actually
rely on cryptographic quality randomness being available are:

- calling a secrets module API
- calling a random.SystemRandom method
- calling os.urandom directly

However, we don't need to make those block waiting for randomness to
be available - we can update them to raise BlockingIOError instead
(which makes it trivial for people to decide for themselves how they
want to handle that case).

Along with that change, we can make it so that starting the
interpreter will never block waiting for cryptographic randomness to
be available (since it doesn't need it), and importing the random
module won't block waiting for it either.

+1

--
~Ethan~