From: Python-Dev [mailto:python-dev-bounces+tritium-list=sdamon....@python.org]
On Behalf Of Nick Coghlan
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 5:02 AM
To: Victor Stinner <victor.stin...@gmail.com>
Cc: Antoine Pitrou <solip...@pitrou.net>; Python Dev <python-dev@python.org>
Subject: Re: [Python-Dev] Translated Python documentation

On 23 February 2017 at 02:15, Victor Stinner <victor.stin...@gmail.com
<mailto:victor.stin...@gmail.com> > wrote:

<mailto:solip...@pitrou.net> >:
> As long as you are asking for "moral" support and not actually
> vouching for the accuracy of third-party translations, then +1 from me.

The main complain about these translations is the accuracy.

My bet is that making these translations "official" and more visible
(at docs.python.org <http://docs.python.org> ) would make them more popular,
and so indirectly
help to recruit new contributors. Slowly, the number of translated
pages should increase, but the overall translation quality should also
increase. That's how free software are developed, no? :-)

+1 from me for these reasons, and those Facundo gives: we want folks to be able
to learn at least the basics of Python *before* they learn English (even if
learning English remains a pre-requisite for tapping into the full capabilities
of both the language and its ecosystem).

Cheers,

Nick.

--

Nick Coghlan   |   ncogh...@gmail.com <mailto:ncogh...@gmail.com>    |