Guido van Rossum wrote:

> This is beginning to sound like the most attractive solution. We could
> possibly do away with typing_extensions. Are there precedents of how to
> bundle a module in this way? Or is it going to be another special case like
> pip?

With my downstream consumer hat on, *if* we go with a bundling solution,
please make sure it's easy to unbundle.  Downstream consumers may need
to do this for policy, security, etc. reasons, so making this too
difficult will mean delays in releases, convoluted hacks, policy
violations, or all of the above.

See as reference some of the hoops Debian has to go through to handle
ensurepip.

Cheers,
-Barry