On 11/06/2017 06:48 AM, brent bejot wrote:
On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 9:21 AM, Gyro Funch wrote:

Would this mean that other packages in the stdlib with development
cycles faster than those of python could use the same bundling
mechanism?

This is pretty much how I thought things worked for all built-in packages until
this thread came up.  Is there any
reason to not do this for all of stdlib?

Yes. Stability is probably the first (knowing what is support in a particular version). Second would be that nearly all modules in the stdlib are stable and don't need frequent updates -- in fact, I suspect typing is the only exception.

--
~Ethan~