On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 8:17 AM Batuhan Taskaya <isidenti...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Why do i need to convince a core developer for my PEP? AFAIK the steering
> council can include non core developers (i know it isn't that current case
> but for the future this is important). And if the last authority who will
> approve my PEP is the steering council i just need to convince them not
> core developers.

To convince a majority of the steering council and 0 core developers to
make a change, you'd need a hypothetical future steering council with a
non-core-developer majority.

Even if we stipulate that this would ever happen (which seems exceedingly
unlikely), presumably that majority would change the policy to allow
themselves to sponsor PEPs.

(In my opinion if there's even a single steering council member who isn't a
core developer, they'd probably be able to convince the rest of the council
to add a special exception allowing them to sponsor PEPs; I find it hard to
imagine someone being trusted enough to sit on the council without the rest
of the council thinking they can be trusted to sponsor a PEP...)