Setting aside the arguments for just having reusable linked data JSON-LD in
the first place (which is also JSON that a non JSON-LD app can pretty
easily consume),
A few questions then are:

Should __json__() be versioned?

Should __json__() return JSON5 (with IEEE 754 ±Infinity and NaN)?

What prevents existing third-party solutions for
encoding/serializing/marshalling/dumping and
decoding/deserializing/ubmarshalling/loading JSON, JSON5, and JSON-LD from
standardizing on e.g. __json__(), __json5__(), and __jsonld11__()?