On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 6:59 AM Rhodri James <rho...@kynesim.co.uk> wrote:

> I disagree.  We've headed off down the rabbit-hole of filenames for
> justification here, but surely pathlib is the correct tool if you are
> going to be chopping up filenames and path names?

Does pathlib work correctly for paths in unknown (and mixed) encodings?

Personally, I'm happy to consider filenames in an arbir=tray encoding
"broken", but I don't write the kind of system tools where you can't do
that.

But anyway, it's a bi tof red herring -- as others' posted -- if the "byte
slingers" would find it useful, then that's all we need to know.

-CHB

--
Christopher Barker, PhD

Python Language Consulting