On 14/05/2020 03:54, Greg Ewing wrote:
On 14/05/20 8:55 am, Richard Damon wrote:
On 5/13/20 2:03 PM, Rhodri James wrote:

I'm sorry, but I think the correct response is to give them a spanking
in code review.  I certainly wouldn't pass any code that actually
relied on assert doing anything.

My thought was he just needs to add that case to the unit tests.

This person seems to be a new team member who doesn't have the
power to force the others to do anything against their will.
So suggestions like this aren't going to help him.

Actually I have failed things on review having only been employed by a company for two weeks, one of which was pre-booked holiday. That wasn't a case of trying to bust a bad coding standard, to be fair.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd