On 12/06/2020 00:17, MRAB wrote:
On 2020-06-11 22:15, Ethan Furman wrote:
On 06/11/2020 01:18 PM, Rob Cliffe via Python-ideas wrote:

If the new super-duper all-singing-and-dancing-and-make-the-tea parser can cope with 'print' without parens, it can cope with print followed by nothing. Good addition to the proposal, actually. :-) (Repeated for clarity: I'm in favour of the proposition for 'print' only.)

If
      print

prints a blank line, how are you going to access the "print" function as an object?

Context: it's in a statement, on its own, just the name "print".
Yes, that's what I meant.  Yes it's backward incompatible, and while one sometimes puts an identifier
on a line by itself (I've done it myself) e.g.
        try:
            foo
        except NameError:
            <do something>
it must be rare to do that with 'print', especially outside the REPL.

An academic question at this point as Guido has withdrawn the proposal.

He's allowed to change his mind if there's enough support for it.