On 4/08/20 1:16 pm, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
Why would we want to even consider a new approach to handling keyword
arguments which applies only to three dunder methods, `__getitem__`,
`__setitem__` and `__delitem__`, instead of handling keyword arguments
in the same way that every other method handles them?

These methods are already kind of screwy in that they don't
handle *positional* arguments in the usual way -- packing them
into a tuple instead of passing them as individual arguments.

I think this is messing up everyone's intuition on how indexing
should be extended to incorporate keyword args, or even whether
this should be done at all.

--
Greg