I think getting Guido on board would be a huge step.  Python has added
quite a bit of new syntax since 2014, and Guido himself is currently
advocating another new big change (pattern matching).  His opinion may have
shifted.

FWIW, I'm +1 on the concept. I've wanted it quite often, as recently as
yesterday.  I don't really love the syntax that was settled on.  Some sort
of keyword based version to resemble the ternary expression feels much more
natural to me.  It really *is* a kind of ternary, after all.  Exactly which
words in exactly which order... well, I could bring in yet more paint
samples for the bikeshed, but the concept is good.

Yours, David...

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 1:55 AM Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 11:01 AM Jonathan Grant
> <jonathanallengr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > How can we start to revive this PEP? And I completely agree, making the
> syntax `... except ... with ...` is much better than `eor`.
> >

> Have a read of the PEP's rejection notice at the top. To revive the
> PEP, the objections to it need to be solved.
>
> ChrisA
> Message archived at
> https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-ideas@python.org/message/5HNSLOTK45U2NQOD26NK3CCG5IL3VGGN/

The dead increasingly dominate and strangle both the living and the
not-yet born.  Vampiric capital and undead corporate persons abuse
the lives and control the thoughts of homo faber. Ideas, once born,
become abortifacients against new conceptions.