On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 at 22:00, Guido van Rossum <gu...@python.org> wrote:

> Well then you can keep wondering.

Sorry I don't get your point. I do understand that changing all the
method names would have been a major breakage, but I don't see how it
would affect git history (sure, I understand that changing all the
tests in the testsuite would throw a wrench in blame, but it would not
be mandatory to do so), nor I understand how providing pep-8 compliant
names as preferred and recommended names while keeping the old ones
for compatibility would be a problem.

--
Kind regards,

Stefano Borini