I see.

You have coined the term exactly, partial-reverse. Nice. You have also put
forward a realistic question of 'why do we need'. Well, surely not everyone
needs it and definitely it's not urgently needed, but its just the
counterintuitive incompleteness such that 'it works for a whole, but not part
of it', you see. About the gain, of course it's unlike a monumental speed
boost, but its just a little spot that I saw lacking in power.

What I had in mind was the algorithmic cost to the program itself, not the cost
in developing it. But now that you explained to me, I understand the situation.

Thanks for the information.