Insightful! You mentioned terms like 'memory_view', and 'lazy slice'. You felt
the pulse of the situation. But the most elegant thing (I had it a long time
ago but you brought it up before, haha) is that you notice the downside of
copies - you indicated how a lazy slice is the magic wand that eliminates the
problem.

I have thought of making slices 'lazy' as a solution which conveniently and
smoothly avoids the need for a 'start' and 'stop' parameter, but I could not
bring myself to float that idea up here because I already had a hunch that it
is, simply said, too much to ask for, too bizarre to talk about. A slice that
acts a 'view' rather than a 'copy' shares the same lazy idea as like generators
yielding items only when needed and map() returns an 'slim' iterator rather
than a 'bulky' list. It's like a slogan that says: 'Do only if necessary'. It
gives the flexibility of what to do with the slice, not always taking up memory
first. That would be intelligent, in a way.

Thanks for the input!