On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 4:41 PM Shreyan Avigyan <pythonshreya...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> First it would seem useless or not necessary but soon this becomes clear.
> 1) It would help programmers debug their code easily and help them find out
> that the bug's not in the constant,

A reasonable type checker will detect cases where typing.Final annotated
bindings are reassigned.  For example, with mypy:
https://mypy.readthedocs.io/en/stable/final_attrs.html

If mypy is not catching cases of rebinding, then that would likely be
treated as a bug by the maintainers.  If you want help with debugging code,
then a type checker will help with that.

> that's for sure. 2) This would allow another branch of OOP programming to
> enter Python. Read-only member variables.

see above, this is already  provided by mypy

There are Private members in Java and C++. But I believe they are not their
> to hide things. They are there to debug.

There are private methods in python too, just not enforced by the runtime,
instead enforced by the myriad developer/debug tooling out there in the
form of linters/checkers.